Sunday, June 3, 2007

Week 5 Play Thing #10 and #11


Books to shelve
Originally uploaded by
http://www.flickr.com/people/libladylib/

This is a photo I took of some books returned by a creative 8th grader. My T.A. loves the digital camera, so he took this picture before shelving the books. We have collaged two walls of a 10 x 10 reading area with his photograhs.

Play Week has been fun and frustrating. I created many posters and cards that I e-mailed to friends and family. The scissor sister's video is hilarious. Generator has so much it would be nearly impossible to see it all. I created my name in neon lights on www.notcelebrity.co.uk/ created by Joshua Sofaer. I was able to post it once to this site, but when editing, I was never able to get it to work again. I spent at least 6 hours trying.

I posted comments on J.T.'s library card and Queen of Heart's Queen's Quarters. Both sites are great. I loved librarycard's bead artwork and Queen of Hearts obviously loves Disneyland. I also posted a comment on Readingfool's blog. I found her blog on the yalsa listserv. She writes incredible book reviews. I love to read them and often use it for book orders. This is the first time I have commented on her blog. She is not in this program, but she uses blogger. In the short time I was editing this, I got an e-mail thanking me for my comments. That's great.

Last week on the mid-lit listserv, I posted a thank you to everyone reviewing ARC's for their time to post the reviews. I ended up with 2 brand new ARC books. This is the first time I have ever gotten ARC's and they both contacted me. I am excited to be able to do this.

5 comments:

JT said...

The beaded photo is my daughter. I made it in Flickr. Hey, I went to the sight you recommended and I put my name in lights! That was fun. I tried to post it to my blog but it would not work. Did you try to post it to yours?

IrmaPince said...

You have really been exploring! I'll have to check out Readingfool's blog. You have me intrigued.

Unknown said...

Kathy, Read the books and let us know about them. Keep your books and when the final copies are published you can show students rough drafts as opposed to finished copies.

Queen of Hearts said...

Can your TA come and see me? I would love to see a photograph of your TA's photowall. Thanks for your constant inspiration.

Marie Slim said...

I too would love to see your TA's photowall. It's so good of you to give your TA's the freedom to be so creative. Some kids are such wizards with a camera!