Saturday, June 9, 2007

Week 5 Thing # 11 Rollyo (NOT YET)

I know I should be working on Rollyo, but it intimidates me. I am wondering if
Virtual Learning Resource Center is basically the same thing? I guess tomorrow I will sit down and attempt to figure it out. Meanwhile, I am still playing on generator. I really must go back to my previous post and turn off the fireworks on my neon sign.
This LED sign below is just like the scrolling sign I have in our school library for announcements. Wait until I show the kids myvery own LED sign on my blog. They will be impressed. This LED sign was created on generator by toolator. I was trying to put this on my title bar, but just couldn't come up with a way to do it. It looks like that can handle just a picture upload.
I did join a ning, Teacher -Librarian. I even made a comment on a discussion post about this program , 23 Things. However, I am not a teacher, so I will join Library2.0 instead. I do enjoy reading all of the discussions. I subscribe to 4 listservs, Calib, Midnet,LM_NET, and YALSA. I am a devotee to all of these. There are such incredible people involved. The information they so freely give is much appreciated by me.



3 comments:

IrmaPince said...

VLC is similar to Rollyo. With VLS Dr Bell has selected which sites are searched. With Rollyo, you determine the sites. While I totally trust "Ma Bell" to have done a bang up job, there may be times (age level considerations, learning disabilities, etc.) when you want to put your own spin on what students can and cannot search.

Libladylib said...

Now that I finally figured Rollyo out, I am going to try to organize a few according to subjects. That might be very useful.

The ning I joined, I am getting e-mails to be friends. Does anyone know what that means? Am I going to be obligated to anything? I haven't added them or responded at all.
I must turn off these fireworks. they are driving me nuts.
Thanks,
Libladylib

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Have you considered placing your colorful scrolling billboard in your header, under or over the title?