Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Week 9 Thing #21 Podcasts

I thought this excercise would be a no brainer done in 10 minutes. I am very familiar with podcasts. I listen to them constantly. I helped my brother-in-law create one for his algebra class and he now does them daily.

BUT..... I decided to check out a few on the recommended list. I thought Michael, a teen volunteer at Hennepin County Library, did a great job on his podcast of Guy Reads. He does audio recordings by teens for teens.

I watched a couple podcasts on second life. I am actually searching for one I saw when I first started this tutorial a month ago. It was on second life created by someone in the Texas University system, I believe. It was so good. I can't find it. I will eventually, I am sure. I must have gotten to it from a link in this tutorial somehow. I watched Machination again. I even watched a few Pottercasts. They were not done very well at all.

THEN.... I discovered Google Sketchup. I have spent 3 entire days and nights here. I watched each tutorial at least 3 -4 times. It is fascinating. I found this sketchup by Josh Wilson, of the Library of Congress (see below). It is incredible. My grandchildren are the recipients of all my experiments from this class. They love it.

I am going to add a few podcasts to my school website on research. I will try to involve the students and my new mimeoboard. Fun stuff.

3 comments:

Bookworm said...

Kathy, your blog is incredible! I love the YouTube presentation that you found. I am having trouble with Rollyo this week, I can't seem to figure out how to attach it to my blog. I don't think I will finish this by Sept. ~V

IrmaPince said...

Laughed out loud reading your comments on podcasts as it so mirrored my own experiences. " Oh, this will take no time." WRONG. I could get lost for weeks in some of these resources.

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

The Texas podcasts on SecondLife by Chris Duke are on my friend Katie's VBrick.com system. See www.vbpresenter.com/kbeedon/chrisduke or see www.ghecgroup.net (Greater Houston Education Consortium)

Enjoy!
- JackieS
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager