Thursday, July 12, 2007

Week 6 #15 School Learning Web 2.0 Future of Libraries

I have learned so much from this 2.0 tutorial.
When viewing "Away From Icebergs", I thought, boy, this guy's (Rick Anderson) got it. We are rowing against a very strong current. The "just in case", I got that a few years ago after attending a conference by Pam Berger. I don't buy or keep anything "just in case". She is an amazing librarian and presenter ahead of her time.

"To a Temporary Place In Time", by Dr. Wendy Schultz scared the daylights out of me. I know I committed to being a lifelong learner. I know I committed to finish this tutorial, BUT....Library4.0?? Yikes. I hope I can stay committed. Surely, once I get better acquainted with the web, the easier it will be? We will see. I love how she states, Library 4.0 will not replace Libraries 1.0 through 3.0; it will absorb them.
Brilliant.

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

So glad you are getting a lot out of School Library Learning 2.0 -- your faithful 2.0 cheerleaders are amazed at how many CSLA members and their friends from all over the state and nation are enjoying this course!

Best wishes.
- Jackie
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

IrmaPince said...

It does get easier - just like riding a bike. The problem with the web is it just keeps evolving whereas my bike hasn't changed all that much. ;-)