Sunday, July 15, 2007

Week 8 #19 LibraryThing


I cataloged 15 of my books in LibraryThing. I thought it was easy. I really enjoyed looking at it with the tag cloud. That is very cool. It will be awesome to see when you have lots of books and tags. I put both a search widget as well as the cover and titles on to my blog. The print is big, so I will play with it and see if I can change that. It is cool that you can link to author pages. I will do that at school. I think I will just LibraryThing new additions to my book review page. I'll see what works best. I checked a couple of the sites where people linked LibraryThing to their existing catalog. I don't see the point. Maybe I just don't get it. I am amazed how it pulls the info from Amazon. You don't have to copy and paste.

I even purchased LibraryThing t-shirts from the CafePress store.

Tomorrow, I am teaching my sister to catalog her classroom library books in LibraryThing. She will have to purchase the yearly or forever subscription.

I downloaded the Mosaic Maker to my computer. When I add more books, I am going to make a poster.

I didn't like the talk feature or blog feature. Too much or just confusing.

Overall, I liked this site and will definetly use it.

No comments: