Saturday, August 18, 2007

Disappointment

I was so disappointed when I returned to school and discovered del.icio.us is filtered. These blogs are also blocked. I immediately e-mailed our tech department and asked them to unblock them. It is so discouraging to see the filters tightening. I am of the belief that our students need to be taught responsible use of the internet. I hate to see the use of technology squashed. Our kids can't have ipods at school either. I have stated my case over and over, but it seems to be an administration fear of backlash from parents. I know all it takes is one, but the majority suffer for it.
I was really hoping to have my del.icio.us account available. I know there are tons of bookmarking sites, and I am thinking about it but fear they will soon block those also.
So sad.
Stumbleupon is not blocked, go figure!!!

1 comment:

IrmaPince said...

That is a major frustration for many of us. I am planning to teach teachers how to use these tools and then when there are 100 people banging on the IT dept's door, perhaps they will hear us.