Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tech Dept Comes Through for Us

I am happy to report our district technology department has listened to my pleas about unblocking del.icio.us. I am ecstatic. I am tagging my websites for teachers. Yesterday, I was able to have a teacher use delicious to get my saved sites for Study Skills. He will also be able to peruse other delicious sites. The Study Skills class is a new elective at our school and new to the teacher. It is tough to be assigned a new course just a few days before classes start. I was thrilled that he asked me to collaborate with him. I am really looking forward to it. My schedule is packed, but I am looking forward to the challenge. I will meet with the class at least once a week. I have posters up around school to advertise a new club. Instead of a book club where we read and discuss books, I am trying a club where we will challenge each other to get one more reader to read a favorite book. I have 3 students that are writing the syllabus for it. It sounds like so much fun. This challenge will start with 4 of us. Hopefully, by the end of the first month of school, we will have 50. Three more teachers are on board to begin October first, when we will break off into smaller groups. I sure it works as well as these kids have planned. They are very excited about it.

No comments: