Saturday, August 18, 2007

Reply from Tech Director

Amazing.
I e-mailed the director of technology yesterday(Friday)at 5:30 p.m. stating my frustration about the filter blocking del.icio.us as well as our blogs for CSLA's 23 things. This is Saturday night at 10:15, and I have a reply. It seems the County of Orange has added a new filter, at least they are testing one. I'm told there are many problems, and to be patient. He told me when it is done, he will do whatever he can to unblock the sites we will need.
He is quite impressed that 4 or 5 of use are taking these Web2 tutorials. I do believe that he will at least meet with me and most probably come through on my request at least for delicious. Now, we just need to keep bugging them to allow the rest of the tools in our schools.
I just stumbledupon --
Absolutely amazing technology. It was presented at the TED conference and is just being developed. Here is a video of the TED conference. ENJOY!!
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/129

3 comments:

IrmaPince said...

Congratulations on making your voice heard. At least IT is willing to talk.

Marie Slim said...

Yeah for you! This is great, as you know, I am in OC as well. Thanks for going to bat for us. ANd that Ted Conference thing is pretty awesome!

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Yes, good for you in making your voice heard AND in alerting your IT folk to our free online course, School Library Learning 2.0 -- The CSLA 2.0 Team will be offering both School Library Learning 2.0 and a new similar course called ClassroomLearning 2.0 to school districts and other educational groups who want to be "2.0 Partners" and offer the courses as professional development. Let us know if your district is interested in learning more about this. We have a Management Guide for our 2.0 Partners.

Best wishes.
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager
CSLA2Team@yahoo.com