Friday, August 10, 2007

Using What I Have Learned

I created a wiki for my sister's gate class. Now, I just have to convince her that this will be awesome.
I named it Ancient Greece.
She will write a portion of a report using both correct and incorrect information.
#1. Each student will have to find and correct (using a different color font) one incorrect portion of the report. They will need to add a comment and cite thier sources.
#2.Students will draw from a hat different subjects about Ancient Greece. They will have to decide where in the report to insert their info. Of course they will need to again cite their sources. She will decide how many sources they need.
She can use this as a peer writing project and let them edit it after it is complete if she wishes.

I think this is a great idea. I am going to show it to my 6th grade language arts/social studies teachers and see if I can convince them to try it.

1 comment:

IrmaPince said...

It is a great idea. I hope you have posted it on our curriculum wiki http://calcurriculum.pbwiki.com/

We are also going to roll out at classroom teacher edition of this tutorial in September. Watch for the announcements and let the teachers at your school and your sister know that it is available.